My Passport To Freedom (KJV)
NOTE: This item is custom-printed to order (click for more details).
This tract is from our print-on-demand library, and is not kept in stock. Select the options below, and we will custom-print a batch just for you. Because this item is custom-printed, you can add your custom imprint to the back page at no extra cost.
- Full Text: Read full text below
- Format: Folded Tract
- Paper: Gloss Text
- Size: 3.5 inches x 5.5 inches
- Pages: 6
- Version: KJV
The full text of this tract is shown below in the KJV version. Do you want to print this tract in a different version than the one listed? Contact us and let us know what you're looking for—we may be able to create the alternate version for you at no charge.
“Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” John 8:32
Ever since the Lord in His goodness rescued me from the clutches of Roman Catholicism, it is my earnest prayer that He use me to alert as many Roman Catholics as I am able to reach, to the dangers of Romanism.
Therefore, I direct this letter personally to you, dear ones, who have been left behind and I pray that after you read this true testimony of my conversion to Christianity, you will read your Bibles and discover the truth for yourselves. I have made my story brief and to the point. Here it is:
Not very long ago, while I was still a Roman Catholic, I was sorting out some old papers I had accumulated in a shoebox, and I came across a Catholic Church Sunday Bulletin. It was only about two years old and I had kept it because it was from the church in which I had been married. In glancing at it, my eyes fell upon a paragraph and I paused to read it. It said that if we read the testimony of the Acts of the Apostles and the writings of the early fathers, we would see that Peter himself and his successors in the Papal Office from the very beginning, exercised authoritative leadership over the church, etc., etc.—it became worse as I read on. Something inside me strongly urged me to get out my old Catholic Bible and find the particular passage in Acts that would show Peter in the Papal Office. I searched and searched and a strange thing happened. I read Acts from beginning to end and could not find Peter in the Papal Office. I was stunned. I just could not believe it. Several weeks went by but somehow this upsetting incident never left my mind. I took a part time job in our apartment complex and there I made the acquaintance of a fine Christian lady who sensed my interest in churches. She presented me with a copy of the New Testament which was to become my passport to freedom as I would soon find out.
I read and read and I could not believe my eyes. The reason being that although I always believed the Bible to be THE BOOK, I never really sat down to read it. I just believed that whatever the Roman Catholic Church taught us was the Word of God. So you can understand why I was so shocked after I read the entire New Testament. Masters at deception is a pretty strong phrase to use, however, I am at a loss for a better one to describe my feelings toward Romanism. With horror, I suddenly realized that the present state which I was in would lead me straight to Hell with no stops along the way. Here are just a few things I learned from the New Testament:
1. We gain eternal salvation through faith in Jesus Christ when we accept Him as our personal Savior (1 John 5:11,12)—not by works such as penance, fasting, observance of Holy days, etc. See Ephesians 2:8,9.
2. There is no mediator between God and man, save Jesus Christ. This means no Pope, priest, departed saints, or anyone else they feel is qualified to make intercession for us. See 1 Timothy 2:5.
3. Nowhere in the New Testament did the early Christians line up for confession. Confession is to God alone (Luke 5:21). Our sins are always against God and not against the priest. The priest cannot take God’s place and forgive or retain sins, nor for that matter even ask God to forgive someone else’s sins because the priest, himself being a mortal, has his own sins to be concerned about. Every sin that I could possibly remember that had been confessed to a priest, I have re-confessed to God Himself because all those sins had never been forgiven God’s way.
4. There is no such place as Purgatory. Purgatory is a fictitious place conveniently used by the Catholic Church for extorting money from believing, trusting and unsuspecting people. I beg you—do not give another penny in masses for the dead. Our eternal destiny is sealed before we die. We can choose now whether we want spiritual life or spiritual death!
5. Jesus Christ is the “Rock” in Matthew 16:18—not Peter. See 1 Corinthians 10:4 and 1 Peter 2:4-8. As you read your Bible, you will find many more verses attesting to the fact that Jesus is the Rock. Whom do you choose to believe? God or the Pope? Remember well, however, that your answer will mean the difference between Heaven or Hell after death.
6. God hates and I repeat hates, idolatry. Yet, idolatry is practiced in Romanism as if it were most pleasing in God’s sight. Our Lord has no intention of sharing His Glory with plaster statues. READ YOUR BIBLES!
I could go on and on but the above is sufficient for a starter. After I decided to obey the Word of God rather than that of the Pope, I accepted Jesus as my Savior and I followed Him in Baptism.
As a former Roman Catholic, I believed everything I was taught until the Holy Spirit urged me to “search the scriptures” (Acts 17:11) the day I found the R.C. Church bulletin. As a Catholic, I was spiritually dead because deep down I knew I could never attain Heaven. I could never be good enough to see God. Eternal life is attained by faith only. This is His gift to His sinful children, delivered by Jesus on Calvary. I shudder to think of the coming doom for the millions still in the clutches of Romanism. I pray the blindness now being caused by Satan will be removed from the eyes and minds of the Roman Catholics who read this.
To see the truth as revealed by the Holy Spirit (Christ’s Vicar on earth) is one of the most beautiful experiences we can ever hope for in this life. I cannot thank Jesus enough for shedding His Precious Blood for me, and so I wanted to share with you what I have found.
Seek Jesus and you will find peace, joy, and an eternal home in heaven with God who loves you. Jesus does not lie and He does not deceive. As you read your Bible, pray for the Holy Spirit to teach you and help you understand the Scriptures the way in which God wants them understood.
The time to accept Jesus is now! Isaiah 55:6 says “Seek ye the Lord while He may be found, call ye upon Him while He is near.” —by Jeanne Lunkowski