The Gospel of Matthew records several occasions where contrasting hearts are revealed. In each case there is a heart for Christ and a heart for something else seen. Read the following passages to find the striking differences.
• Matthew 2:1-12: Chief priests—Knowledge; Wise Men—Christ
• Matthew 8:19-22: Other disciple—Commitments; Scribe—Christ
• Matthew 19:16-30: Rich young ruler—World; Disciples—Christ
• Matthew 20:29-34 (cf. Mark 10; Luke 18): Crowd—Fitting in; Blind men—Christ
• Matthew 21:12-16: Chief priests—Themselves; Children—Christ
• Matthew 26:6-16 (cf. John 12:1-8): Judas—Money; Mary—Christ