Damascus, Syria Was Destroyed (NIV)
NOTE: This item is custom-printed to order (click for more details).
This tract is from our print-on-demand library, and is not kept in stock. Select the options below, and we will custom-print a batch just for you. Because this item is custom-printed, you can add your custom imprint to the back page at no extra cost.
- Format: Folded Tract
- Paper: Gloss Text
- Size: 3.5 inches x 5.5 inches
- Pages: 4
- Version: NIV
- Returns: Because this item is custom-printed to order, it cannot be returned.
Show all item details
The full text of this tract is shown below in the NIV version. (Do you want to print this tract in a different version than the one listed? Contact us and let us know what you're looking for—we may be able to create the alternate version for you at no charge.)
NOTE: The events described in this tract have not yet occurred. However, many students of Bible prophecy and current events believe that the day of their fulfillment is fast-approaching.
Damascus, Syria was first mentioned in Genesis 14:15. It was believed to be the oldest city in the world continually inhabited by people. Although it had been conquered several times, it never ceased to be a city for over 5,000 years—UNTIL NOW! The destruction of Damascus was foretold by Isaiah 2,700 years ago: “… See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins” (Isaiah 17:1). Isaiah also warned that a devastating war would come shortly after the destruction of Damascus in Isaiah 17:12-14. This war is described in detail in Ezekiel 38-39. Many countries will come against Israel, but God will protect Israel and defeat its enemies. Ezekiel 39:9 says that Israel will enter a unique seven-year period at the end of this next major war foretold by Isaiah and Ezekiel.
The seven-year period mentioned in Ezekiel 39:9 is thought by some to be the same seven-year period spoken of in Daniel 9:27 known as Daniel’s 70th week, also referred to as the seven-year Tribulation Period that comes upon the whole earth just before the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. It is important that you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior before then! Isaiah spoke of a spiritual awakening coming after the destruction of Damascus, saying, “In that day people will look to their Maker and turn their eyes to the Holy One of Israel” (Isaiah 17:7). This is that time! This is YOUR time! If God is tugging at your heart, then you need to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior right now!
Here’s how to become a Christian:
1. Agree with God that you have failed to live up to His standard of righteousness and deserve everlasting punishment! (Until you do this you will never see your need for Jesus Christ as your Savior.)
2. Repent! Stop trying to establish your own righteousness and receive the righteousness of God that comes only by trusting in Jesus!
3. Thank God for sending Jesus to die on the cross for your sins and raising Him from the dead so you can be forgiven and have everlasting life!
4. Confess before God and man that Jesus is your Savior and Lord! Ask God to fill you with His Holy Spirit so you can live for Him who died for you and be willing to die for your faith in Jesus if necessary!