The Only Way to God
NOTE: This item is custom-printed to order (click for more details).
This tract is from our print-on-demand library, and is not kept in stock. Select the options below, and we will custom-print a batch just for you. Because this item is custom-printed, you can add your custom imprint to the back page at no extra cost.
- Discounts: Discount coupons do not apply to this item
- Format: Folded Flyer Tract
- Size: 3.66 x 8.5 inches
- Pages: 6
- Version: KJV
- Returns: Because this item is custom-printed to order, it cannot be returned.
Show all item details
The full text of this flyer tract is shown below in the KJV version. (Do you want to print this tract in a different version than the one listed? Contact us and let us know what you're looking for—we may be able to create the alternate version for you at no charge.)
1. Scripture — The authors of the Bible spoke as they were moved by the Holy Ghost (2Peter 1:21); the Bible was inspired by God (2Tim. 3:16); the Bible is true and endureth for ever (Ps. 119:160 / John 17:17 / Matt. 24:35); the true gospel was delivered once and for all (Jude 3); any revelation that contradicts the Bible is accursed (Gal. 1:6-9).
2. God — God created Adam from the dust of the ground (Gen. 1:27; 2:7); God is a spirit (John 4:24); before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God (Ps. 90:2 / 1Tim. 1:17 / Rev. 22:13); for I am the LORD, I change not (Mal. 3:6); before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me (Is. 43:10); the Lord he is God in heaven above, and upon the earth beneath: there is none else (Deut. 4:39; 6:4 / Is. 44:6, 8 / 1Cor. 8:4-6); thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve (Matt. 4:10).
3. Christ — Jesus was not created but has always been (Is. 9:6-7 / Micah 5:2 / John 1:1-3 / John 8:58); Christ was conceived in Mary by the Holy Ghost (Is. 7:14 / Matt. 1:18-23 / Luke 1:35); Christ created all things including Lucifer (John 1:1-3 / Col. 1:15-16 / Heb. 1:1-2); He taught against polygamy (Deut. 17:17 / Matt. 19:4-6 / Mark 12:24-25); He is the eternal God (Micah 5:2 / Matt. 1:23 / John 8:24, 58; 10:30-33; 20:27-29); Jesus was obedient to all the laws of God (Is. 53: 9 / 2Cor. 5:21 / Phil. 2:6-11 / Heb. 4:14-15).
4. Salvation — Christ’s blood paid for all the sins of the whole world (Is. 53:4-12 / 2Cor. 5:21 / Col. 2:13-14 / 1Peter 2:24 / 1John 2:1-2); we can never be worthy of exaltation (Is. 64:6 / James 2:10 / Rom. 6:23); if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain (Gal. 2:21); a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law (Rom. 3:10- 28 / Eph. 2:8-9 / John 6:28-29 / Gal. 2:16 / Gal. 3:1-3, 10-13; 5:2-4); baptism cannot save from sin (1Peter 3:21); if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved (Rom. 10:9-13 / John 6:47; 11:25-26).
1. Scripture — (a) The Journal of Discourses are inspired by the Apostles and Prophets of the most high; (b) we believe the Bible to be the Word of God as far as it is translated correctly; (c) the Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth; (d) the living prophet is more important to us than the standard works or a dead prophet.
2. God — (a) Adam is our father and our god, and the only god with whom we have to do; (b) god has a body of flesh and bones as tangible as man’s; (c) god has not always been god; he was once as we are, but now is an exalted man and a member of a council of gods; (d) we have three gods of this earth—god the father, jesus christ, and the holy ghost; (e) there are infinite gods in the universe who were once men and progressed to become gods of their own planets; (f) you have got to learn how to be gods yourselves... the same as all gods have done before you.
3. Christ — (a) Jesus was created in the pre-existence and is the physical offspring of heavenly father and one of his goddess wives; (b) he was conceived by heavenly father having sex with Mary, not by the Holy Spirit; (c) he is the firstborn of heavenly father and the spirit-brother of Lucifer; (d) he is a polygamist.
4. Salvation — (a) Christ’s blood cannot atone for some sins; (b) for we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do; (c) through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel; (d) you must believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Joseph Smith is a true prophet and try with all your might to live the holy principles he revealed to be saved; no person can enter the celestial kingdom without the consent of Joseph Smith; (e) being immersed in water is required to enter the fullness of Celestial glory; (f) the only men who become gods are those who enter into polygamy; (g) the greatest responsibility in this world that God has laid upon us is to seek after our dead.
1. Scripture — (a) JofD: Vol.3, pg.iii / JofD: Vol. 13, pg. 95; Vol. 13, pg. 264 (b) Pearl of Great Price: Articles of Faith 1:8 / 1 Nephi 13:26 / The Seer by Orson Pratt, pg. 212-213 / J of D: Vol. 13, pg. 250 (c) History of the Church: Vol. 4, pg. 461 / Pearl of Great Price: Articles of Faith 1:8 / The Seer by Orson Pratt, pg. 212-213 / J of D: Vol. 15, pg. 188-189 / Divine Authenticity of the Book of Mormon by Orson Pratt, pg. 1 (d) Press Copy of “14 Fundamentals in Following the Prophets” by Ezra Taft Benson: February 26, 1980, pg. 1-16 / Gospel Principles, pg. 49, 51-52 / Pearl of Great Price: Articles of Faith 1:9 / Doctrines of Salvation by Joseph Fielding Smith: Vol. 1, pg. 186 / D&C 68:3-5.
2. God — (a) JofD: Vol.1, pg.50-51; Vol.3,pg. 319; Vol. 6, pg. 275 (b) D&C 130:22 (c) J of D: Vol. 6, pg. 1-11 / Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith by Joseph Fielding Smith, pg. 342-362 (d) History of the Church: Vol. 6, pg. 474-476 (e) History of the Church: Vol. 6, pg. 478 / J of D: Vol.14, pg.71 (f)JofD: Vol.6, pg.1-11 / Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith by Joseph Fielding Smith, pg. 342-362.
3. Christ — (a) J of D: Vol. 1, pg. 50-51 / The Seer by Orson Pratt, pg. 172 (b) J of D: Vol. 8, pg. 115 (c) Doctrines of Salvation by Joseph Fielding Smith 1:18 / Mormon Doctrine by Bruce McConkie, pg. 281, 590 / D&C 93:21 / The Gospel Through the Ages by Milton R. Hunter, pg. 15 / Ensign magazine: June 1986, pg. 25 / Jesus the Christ, pg. 8 (d) J of D: Vol. 2, pg. 80-82 / The Seer by Orson Pratt, pg. 172.
4. Salvation — (a) Mormon Doctrine by Bruce McConkie, pg. 92-93 / J of D: Vol. 4, pg. 53-54; Vol. 8, pg. 61 (b) 2 Nephi 25:23 (c) Pearl of Great Price: Articles of Faith 1:3 (d) J of D: Vol. 9, pg. 312 /JofD: Vol.7, pg.289 (e) The Seer by Orson Pratt, pg. 255 (f) J of D: Vol. 11, pg. 269; Vol. 3, pg. 266; Vol. 20, pg. 28-31 (g) J of D: Vol. 6, pg. 7.
1 Journal of Discourses
THE GOSPEL FOR MORMONS
The gospel really hinges on the question, “Who is God?”
“Before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.” Isaiah 43:10
“Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God…Is there a God beside me? Yea, there is no God; I know not any.” Isaiah 44:6, 8
Yet Mormonism teaches that there are many gods and you can become a god yourself one day. Mormonism actually teaches that through obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel, you can progress through exaltation to become a god or goddess of your own planet the same way the god of this planet did. Joseph said in the “King Follett Discourse,” “We have imagined and supposed that god was god from all eternity. I will refute that idea and take away the veil so that you may see….You have got to learn how to be gods yourselves and to be kings and priests to god, the same as all gods have done before you.” The fifth president of the LDS church Lorenzo Snow said, “As man now is, God once was; as God now is, man may be.” That goes against everything the Bible teaches about God. There is only one God, and we will never become a god.
There is only one God who exists in three persons (Deuteronomy 4:39, 6:4). Jesus is God who has always existed, and yet he became flesh (John 1:14). Jesus is not the spiritual offspring of heavenly father and one of his goddess wives as Mormonism teaches. He is not the spirit-brother of Satan because the Bible says Christ is God who created all things, including Satan. John 1:3 says, “All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” Colossians 1:16 tells us that “by him were all things created.”
Why does this matter? It matters because Mormonism teaches a different christ—a christ who cannot save you. The Bible warns against false christs in 2 Corinthians 11:3-4 where Paul says, “But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.” Ephesians 4:20-21 says, “But ye have not so learned Christ; if so be that ye have heard him, and have been taught by him, as the truth is in Jesus.”
Jesus is the only true and living God who has always been and who created everything! But more importantly, how do you come to God? We have got to make peace with God because Romans 3:10, 23 says, “There is none righteous, no, not one…For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.”
Romans 3 explains that we are at enmity with God in our sins, and the law can only point out our sin, it cannot correct it. According to Isaiah 64:6, even our righteousness is as filthy rags. We are absolutely hopeless on our own! That is why Christ came. Christ is God in flesh who was completely obedient to the laws of God and went to the cross to pay the full price for sin. Jesus died, was buried, and rose again to give us the hope of living in Heaven with God forever. Christ said “it is finished,” meaning that the price for our redemption had been met.
But the Book of Mormon says in 2 Nephi 25:23, “For we know that it is by grace that we are saved, after all we can do.” The Articles of Faith 1:3 teaches that “through the atonement of Christ, all mankind may be saved, by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel.” Ephesians 2:8-9 says, “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” In Romans 3:28, Paul says, “We conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.” Christ did not die so that we could add our obedience to his death in an effort to gain favor with God. Galatians 2:21 says, “For if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.”
The Bible plainly says that it is impossible to mix faith and works to have peace with God. Galatians 5:4 says, “Christ is become of no effect unto you, whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.”
The beauty of the gospel is that Christ became a curse for us to offer us a righteousness that’s not our own. The only way to stand before a holy God—the only God that exists—is with a righteousness that’s perfect, and that’s not available to any of us in ourselves. Paul said he desired to “be found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is of God by faith” (Philippians 3:9). The true faith is about knowing the Christ who can give you a perfect righteousness apart from the works of the law! The only way to the Father is through the true and living Christ alone (2 John 9). It takes coming to God, not to become a god one day, but to have peace with God for eternity!
In John 14:6, Jesus said “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.”