My Story (KJV)
NOTE: This item is custom-printed to order (click for more details).
This tract is from our print-on-demand library, and is not kept in stock. Select the options below, and we will custom-print a batch just for you. Because this item is custom-printed, you can add your custom imprint to the back page at no extra cost.
- Full Text: Read full text below
- Format: Folded Tract
- Paper: Gloss Text
- Size: 3.5 inches x 5.5 inches
- Pages: 4
- Version: KJV
The full text of this tract is shown below in the KJV version. Do you want to print this tract in a different version than the one listed? Contact us and let us know what you're looking for—we may be able to create the alternate version for you at no charge.
I first came to know the Lord Jesus Christ when I was a teenager caught stealing pool sticks and drinking as a minor. I was sentenced 30 days in jail. While I was there, a man would visit singing Gospel songs and playing a guitar. At the end of his song, he said if you don’t believe, pray that you will believe. That night, I reasoned in my mind to believe, but couldn’t. Then I prayed to God that I would believe.
The next day, I was aware of God and wanted to please Him. I had no fellowship or church and hardly knew God’s word for years. Then, God led me and my wife to a church in which we served in a bussing ministry by knocking on doors and asking their kids to ride the bus for Sunday school. We did this while we owned a small café.
After some years, I sold the café and opened up a larger restaurant, putting all of my eggs in one basket. In less than a year, we went bankrupt and lost our home, our money, and our business. But we didn’t lose God’s love. We moved to Texas, but couldn’t find a church.
After several years I landed a great job, but I wasn’t learning God’s word. In my job, I traveled to exotic places. I fell into sin with drinking and thought I’d lost my salvation. I thought salvation depended on performance and not sinning.
God Gave Victory Over My Sin
Waking up with a hangover one morning, I heard Les Feldick on the TV saying that we are sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise when we believe. The sealing of the Holy Spirit and promise happens when we believe and accept Jesus Christ. We’re sealed and He will never leave you and you will always be with Him. I realized that God hadn’t left me. Then I turned towards God and realized how important it is to know God’s word.
The Lord Jesus Christ fought off Satan’s temptation with the word of God. Your feelings will lie to you, people will lie to you, and false religion will lie to you, but God’s word will not.
The only way to know the truth is to know God’s word. What He wants you to know is: “how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures: And that He was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After that, He was seen of above five hundred brethren at once” (1 Corinthians 15:3-6).
“But to him that worketh not, but believeth on Him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness” (Romans 4:5).
Ephesians 1:13 says, “In whom ye also trusted [Christ], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise.”
If you can’t believe, please pray that you will believe.
God’s Word is Able to
1. Make me wise unto salvation: “And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus” (2 Timothy 3:13).
2. Powerfully work in me: “For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe” (1 Thessalonians 2:13).
3. Nourish me and help me to grow: “As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby” (1 Peter 2:2).
4. Build me up: “And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified” (Acts 20:32).
5. Keep me on God’s path: “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Timothy 3:16).
6. Make me strong: “I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one” (1 John 2:14).